Yesterday I turned nineteen years old. For me, that seems extraordinarily old especially since memories of other birthdays seem like they happened yesterday. But here I am starting another rotation around the sun and my very last year as a teenager. Next year I will turn twenty years old and I wanted to spent the time between now and then doing something special.
Back before I turned seventeen I did a challenge that I called 17 before 17, where I strove to accomplish 17 different things before I reached my next birthday. I want to do that again, except this time it is going to be 20 before 20.
I’ve spent the last few weeks trying very hard to think of twenty different things to be before my birthday next year, and let me tell you, it was hard. With the entire world practically shut down and the future so uncertain, it’s hard to try and plan something that might not even be possible. However, I’ve done my best and this is my official 20 before 20 list.
- Take a trip by myself
- Learn how to shoot on film
- Host my first photography workshop
- Finish my last ballet performance
- Throw a fancy 20th birthday party
- Take a trip out of the United States
- Shoot in 20 new locations
- Take a trip to see an out of state friend
- Photograph every sunrise or sunset for an entire month
- Ride a horse along a beach
- Create a portrait every week
- Get a part time job
- Start a video series and share it on Instagram
Even though I haven’t quite finished out my twenty things I am excited to begin this new year with many adventures in mind. I cannot wait to see where I will go and I will be sure to keep you updated along the way!
Until Next Time,