I blinked and the year was literally gone. Seemingly each year goes by faster and faster leaving us with a blur of memories and thoughts that we put aside as we face the new year. But what if we got out these blurred memories and evaluated our year? Taking each mistake and failure and transforming them into lessons learned?
Here are 21 lessons that I have learned in 2017.
1. I learned that sometimes we don’t accomplish our goals and that’s okay.
2. I learned that strangers can and will be nice at the most random times.
3. I learned that pizza is really good with both pepperoni and olives on it, not just cheese.
4. I learned that you shouldn’t let someone else’s bad business skills reflect on yours.
5. I learned that things don’t always happen as planned and the best option is to be flexible.
6. I learned that “To Do” lists actually make a difference.
7. I learned that you shouldn’t force anything. If it’s meant to happen, it will, in it’s own time.
8. I learned that mornings aren’t all that bad.
9. I learned that curiosity is the best form of growth.
10. I learned that life doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.
11. I learned that it is important to see the invisible and to take care of it.
12. I learned that eye contact is a beautiful form of connection.
13. I learned that there is always light to be found in the darkness.
14. I learned that stickers make everything better.
15. I learned that feelings should be allowed to be felt deeply.
16. I learned that the best friendships are built on trust and vulnerability.
17. I learned that it is never a good thing to be held back by fear.
18. I learned that sometimes letting go is the best option.
19. I learned that with enough passion, motivation, and dedication anything is possible.
20. I learned that art is not only about stories, but it’s about telling our own stories.
21. I learned that we should live each day as if it was the start of a new year.
At the start of the new year I am making many plans for goals I would like to accomplish in the next 365 days. But I want to take time to look back on the mistakes I’ve made and learn from them. We all make mistakes, but the important part is to learn from them an move on, improving ourselves as we go.
What are some lessons that you have learned this year?